Fulfill your internship requirements in a fun, dynamic atmosphere!
GoggleWorks Center for the Arts is a community art and cultural resource center for Berks County and central and southeastern Pennsylvania, and is the largest, most comprehensive interactive arts center of its kind in the country. The mission of GoggleWorks is “to nurture the arts, foster creativity, promote education and enrich the community.”
Arts Management Internships: NOW Accepting Resumes
This internship is great experience for those interested in the arts, education and community outreach. The Program Assistant will work closely with the Program Director and Program Associate to:
- Implement recurring educational programs and initiate new ones.
- Coordinate with GoggleWorks teaching artists.
- Process the Program Director´s updates to policies, procedures, manuals, forms and other department records.
- Initiate and maintain contact with organizations in the target market of our special programs.
Knowledge/Experience Requirements: Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
Please send your resume and your date of availability to Brian Foreman, Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Camp Internship: NOW Accepting Resumes for 2013
Summer interns will work in the Programs Department to help run Summer Camps and assist with special programs. Primary activities include:
- Leading a group of 7-13 year-old campers each week as they learn to make art in a variety of media and occasionally travel off-site for physical and outdoor activities.
- Work closely with GoggleWorks teaching artists.
- Document notable events and feedback throughout camp.
- Assist the Summer Camp Director with installing the kids´ art show each week.
Knowledge/Experience Requirements: College coursework in child development, education and visual arts.
Please send your resume to Brian Foreman,Program Director at email@example.com.
Communications Internship – NOW Accepting Resumes for Fall 2013, Winter Break 2013/2014 & Spring 2014
- Working with the marketing and communications staff in implementing an overall organization communication strategy to enhance the visibility of GoggleWorks in the local, regional and national community
- Attending GoggleWorks events and meetings
- Supporting the planning and implementing of special events
- Supporting the communications staff with research projects
- Writing and editing copy for GoggleWorks publications including weekly E-newsletter
Knowledge/Experience Requirements: Excellent organizational, oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Interest in the arts, journalism, event planning or related fields is helpful, but not required, as is knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
Now accepting resumes for Fall 2013, Winter Break 2013/2014 and Spring 2014 semester.
Please note, GoggleWorks internships are unpaid, but students have an opportunity to earn college credits while gaining real-world experience.
Please send your resume to Kristin Kramer, Director of Marketing & Development at KKramer@goggleworks.org.
Spring Internship runs mid/late January through late April/early May
Summer Internship runs May-August
Fall Internship runs September – early-December
Winter Break Internship runs mid December through mid January